Friday, April 29, 2996

Focus

This is a memory page-- Pacific Trailways (1068 Bond Street), also known as Mt. Hood Stages, is no longer in operation. Founded by Myrl P. Hoover (died in 1970) and his brother Maurice, operated by William Niskanen when I worked for them. The company was an icon of Bend Oregon and the Northwest for many years. The employees of this fledgling operation and the traveling public are what keeps the memory alive after all these years-- 2018.

My background follows the parallels of the traveling industry, first with Pacific Trailways, and then as a ticket agent at Greyhound, in Corvallis. After this, I worked 10-years at Evans Products, which revolutionized the automobile industry with the first maintenance free batteries (Diehard), they also maintained the largest railcar fleet in the nation. After this I moved to Sedona, Santa Fe, and Tucson, worked in the hospitality industry, Old Tucson Studios, and owned my own business for a time. The crowning achievement of my career, however, was working for United Airlines. This aviation association led me to write a book about the founder of TWA-- (shown here) Jack Frye, and his wife Helen Vanderbilt Frye.

No comments:

Post a Comment