Tuesday, April 29, 3000




























Motivation For Launching This Blog

The foundation of this facebook page is the image (above) and the sole reason for my effort. I was searching the internet the other evening for images of Pacific Trailways at Bend when I came across this image shared from The University of Oregon (Eugene) Library, 'Architecture of Oregon'. What blew me away, was standing on the edge of the frame, was myself in about 1975 (I worked for Pacific Trailways from 1974-1976). After some 45-years to run across an image of this building where I just happen to be standing in front is astronomical at best!


Captured by renowned photographer Marion Dean Ross, the image was donated to U of O, accompanied by over a thousand such images, showcasing Oregon architecture (origin was the Ross estate). My participation in this 'moment-in-time' image was just happenstance, what an honor!

This all said, I am moved beyond words. To see myself standing at the exit of the bus pull-through, seemingly gazing into the future, to be found all these years later. Wow! I must thank Mr. Ross for this poignant glimpse into the life of a young boy, and his association with this beloved company, without which this image I would likely have not started this page.

Please click on any images for high resolution. This image used in accordance with University of Oregon copyright guidelines.

Please note: the posting years are to insure the posts scroll in cohesive sequence. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this! In 1973 I was Dispatcher for the Grey Line of Portland and in 1974-76 was a Transportation Planner for the Oregon DOT. I worked on getting the intermodal terminal set up in Portland. The Trailways station that you recall was previously the Oregon Electric Railway downtown station.

    ReplyDelete