Wednesday, May 1, 2954

Pacific Trailways & Greyhound Depot Portland Oregon



As stated previously, I was able to ride Pacific Trailways on a travel-pass. So in the summer when I worked at the Huckleberry Inn (contract depot) for Pacific Trailways, I was able to come and go to and from Portland. The image here is when I went down to see Irene (who spent time down there at a hair salon, and on Mt Hood too). She had dropped me off in her '69 Grand Prix at Trailways downtown, which shared terminal space with rival Greyhound (550 N.W. 6th Street). Irene hated having her picture taken (she was Native American). Irene was a dear friend who from 1974 on tried to look out for me. She was busy though, she had a salon in Portland, Brightwood, and would take the ferry to Juneau every year to do hair up there (the money was good she would always say).


On those trips to Portland, I would walk the streets and observe. One memory is my first visit to Hamburger Mary's, what an experience, what a cool diversified place! I could have fell into drugs or worse, but I didn't, I had a vision and that wasn't part of my plan. I always returned back to Mt Hood and the Huckleberry Inn unscathed, but wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment